Pages

Friday, March 2, 2018

Photos: Governor Ganduje's daughter, Fateema is simply an enchanting bride at her Henna party

Photos: Governor Ganduje

Fateema looked absolutely stunning at her Henna Party which held last night. More photos below...
Photos: Governor Ganduje
Photos: Governor Ganduje
Photos: Governor Ganduje
Photos: Governor Ganduje
Photos: Governor Ganduje
Photos: Governor Ganduje
Photos: Governor Ganduje
Photos: Governor Ganduje

Photo credit: George Okoro
Read More »

Adorable photos of Genevieve Nnaji and her siblings

Adorable photos of Genevieve Nnaji and her siblings

Nollywood actress, Genevieve Nnaji shared photos of herself with her beautiful sister Chimebuka and handsome brother, Stephen... they are so cute!

Adorable photos of Genevieve Nnaji and her siblings

Adorable photos of Genevieve Nnaji and her siblings

Adorable photos of Genevieve Nnaji and her siblings
Adorable photos of Genevieve Nnaji and her siblings
Read More »

Enugu based young boy who sells hard drugs shows off his products on Facebook, thanks God for keeping him alive

Enugu based young boy who sells hard drugs shows off his products on Facebook, thanks God for keeping him alive

A Facebook user, Barry Jack, who is based in Enugu and sells hard drugs took to his Facebook page to show off his products and also thanked God for keeping him alive. 
Enugu based young boy who sells hard drugs shows off his products on Facebook, thanks God for keeping him alive
Read More »

ECOWAS needs to run a smarter organisation - President Buhari

ECOWAS needs to run a smarter organisation - President Buhari

President Buhari today said that the Economic Community of West African States, ECOWAS, must run a leaner and smarter organisation by cutting costs and becoming more efficient to achieve the objectives of the sub-regional body.

Speaking while receiving the new President of the ECOWAS Commission, Mr Jean Claude Brou at the State House, Abuja, the President also called on the member states of the organisation to pay their annual contributions as and when due.

President Buhari said a lot of work had already been done towards cutting running cost for which a committee had recommended the reduction of the number of commissioners, and a drastic reduction in the cost of keeping them in office.

“We must work towards limiting costs, keeping the number of statutory positions low and running the organisation more efficiently,” he said.

The Nigerian leader, while welcoming the new President of the ECOWAS Commission to Abuja, pledged the full support of the government of Nigeria in ensuring that his tenure was successful.

According to President Buhari, “The task is enormous. The job is not easy, given the many challenges facing the sub-region, ranging from issues of security and that posed by the environment, including the shrinkage of the Lake Chad.”

He however, stressed the full commitment of Nigeria working with other ECOWAS member countries, towards finding lasting solution to the problems.

In his remarks, Mr Brou, said he had come to inform President Buhari that he had assumed office at the ECOWAS Secretariat in Abuja from this week, and fully prepared to address priority issues such as the common currency, restructuring of the organisation and the pending issue of new memberships.

He also presented a special message from the Ivorian President, Alassane Ouattara to President Buhari and condoled him on the recent deaths of his family members.
Read More »

Photos: Mimi Orjiekwe shows off the N1.8m Fendi bag her new man just bought for her

Photos: Mimi Orjiekwe shows off the N1.8m Fendi bag her new man just bought for her

Mimi, who got separated from her estranged hubby, Charles Billon, sometime last year after finding out he had another family in the US, is currently in a sizzling romance. She showed off the new luxury items her man just got for her. $5000 Fendi bag, Hermes, Guiseppe Zannotti, Chanel and customized designer perfumes. 

Photos: Mimi Orjiekwe shows off the N1.8m Fendi bag her new man just bought for her

Photos: Mimi Orjiekwe shows off the N1.8m Fendi bag her new man just bought for her

Photos: Mimi Orjiekwe shows off the N1.8m Fendi bag her new man just bought for her

Photos: Mimi Orjiekwe shows off the N1.8m Fendi bag her new man just bought for her

Photos: Mimi Orjiekwe shows off the N1.8m Fendi bag her new man just bought for her

Photos: Mimi Orjiekwe shows off the N1.8m Fendi bag her new man just bought for her

Photos: Mimi Orjiekwe shows off the N1.8m Fendi bag her new man just bought for her
Photos: Mimi Orjiekwe shows off the N1.8m Fendi bag her new man just bought for her

Read More »

Four pregnant women, 140 other Nigerians return from Libya

Four pregnant women, 140 other Nigerians return from Libya

On March 1st, a new set of 144 Nigerians returned from Libya. The return of these Nigerians were facilitated by the International Organisation for Migration through the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA). Four pregnant women were among those that returned with the assistance of the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) and the European Union (EU).

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the returnees arrived at the Cargo Wing of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos at 10.30 pm. They returned aboard a chartered Airbus 320 with registration number LZ-MDI operated by VIA Airways. The returnees comprised 54 adult females four of whom were pregnant and seven female children as well as 79 adult males and four male children.

The South West Zonal Coordinator of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), Alhaji Suleiman Yakubu, received the returnees on behalf of Federal Government. Also on hand to receive them were officials of the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) , the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP), Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) and the Police.

The returnees were each given £100 to settle down in Nigeria, while some state governments assisted them with transport back home. Telecommunications company, Airtel, in collaboration with the Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Diaspora and Foreign Affairs, also gave the returnees free mobile phone handsets and SIM cards to facilitate their reintegration. In 2017, 6,806 Nigerians were brought back from Libya with the efforts of the IOM and EU.

The Nigerians had been stranded in the volatile North African country en-route Europe, with many being subjected to abuse.
Read More »

Feminists attack boxing champ, Anthony Joshua after he revealed he is stricter on his niece than his son because he believes that someday she will go out to become someone's wife

Feminists attack boxing champ, Anthony Joshua after he revealed he is stricter on his niece than his son because he believes that someday she will go out to become someone


Feminists on Twitter are currently dragging boxing champion, Anthony Joshua by his balls,  over the comment he made in a GQ magazine interview he granted in 2017. In the interview, Anthony who is currently single but has a son, told the interviewer that he is more strict on his niece than on his son because he believes his son, Joseph, will grow to become a man's man but that his niece will someday become someone's wife and so he must instill in her some values. When asked if he is a strict Dad, Anthony said 
I don’t think I’m that strict with Joseph, I don’t know why. But with my niece I’m strict. I think it is because she is older, but also he’s a boy – he’s going to be a man’s man, he’ll want to spread his wings, be a Jack-the-lad, build his character. But I am sure there are things I will be strict about. But with my niece, there is none of that Jack-the-lad nonsense for her! My view is you have to be a good woman, respectful, one day you will be someone’s wife, you have to learn family morals… what it is to be a good woman'' .
This apparently did not go down well with the Feminists who argue that his comment has shown his misogynistic side. See the twitter exchanges below

Feminists attack boxing champ, Anthony Joshua after he revealed he is stricter on his niece than his son because he believes that someday she will go out to become someone

Feminists attack boxing champ, Anthony Joshua after he revealed he is stricter on his niece than his son because he believes that someday she will go out to become someone

Feminists attack boxing champ, Anthony Joshua after he revealed he is stricter on his niece than his son because he believes that someday she will go out to become someone

Feminists attack boxing champ, Anthony Joshua after he revealed he is stricter on his niece than his son because he believes that someday she will go out to become someone

Feminists attack boxing champ, Anthony Joshua after he revealed he is stricter on his niece than his son because he believes that someday she will go out to become someone

Feminists attack boxing champ, Anthony Joshua after he revealed he is stricter on his niece than his son because he believes that someday she will go out to become someone

Feminists attack boxing champ, Anthony Joshua after he revealed he is stricter on his niece than his son because he believes that someday she will go out to become someone

Feminists attack boxing champ, Anthony Joshua after he revealed he is stricter on his niece than his son because he believes that someday she will go out to become someone
Feminists attack boxing champ, Anthony Joshua after he revealed he is stricter on his niece than his son because he believes that someday she will go out to become someone
Read More »

US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson to visit Nigeria next week

US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson to visit Nigeria next week

United States Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson, will travel to Africa next week in his first visit to the continent since President Donald Trump entered office.

Tillerson will travel to “N’Djamena, Chad; Djibouti, Djibouti; Addis Ababa, Ethiopia; Nairobi, Kenya; and Abuja, Nigeria,” between March 6 and 13, department spokesperson Heather Nauert announced Thursday.  

The visit follows a scandal which erupted when President Donald Trump allegedly branded African nations “shithole countries” in January.  Tillerson will meet with leaders in each country, along with African Union leadership based in Addis Ababa. “He plans to discuss ways we can work with our partners to counter terrorism, advance peace and security, promote good governance, and spur mutually beneficial trade and investment,” Nauert added.

During a November meeting with African Union ministers in Washington, Tillerson outlined only general policy goals regarding the continent. Meanwhile, so far, Trump has shown little interest in Africa. Trump’s predecessor Barack Obama travelled to Ghana six months after taking office with a message that Africa’s destiny is in the hands of its own people.

Read More »

DSS detains Daily Independent’s Abuja Bureau Chief, Tony Ezimakora

DSS detains Daily Independent?s Abuja Bureau Chief, Tony Ezimakora

Authorities of the Department of State Services (DSS) have detained Independent Newspapers’ Abuja Bureau Chief, Tony Ezimakor.

Ezimakor was invited and detained on Wednesday, February 28, at the DSS Headquarters in Abuja at about 10.30a.m. and has been kept in detention since then.

Ezimakor was reportedly shunted from one office to the other and asked to wait for a particular officer who was said to have been away from his office.  

According to reports, management of the media organization where he works had made frantic efforts through its lawyer, Douglas Ekhator since Wednesday to see the detained Ezimakor but with little success.  As at Thursday, no news has been received about Ezimakor, though the lawyer, (Ekhator), returned to the DSS office on Thursday morning.  

Family sources said that Ezimakor is a high blood pressure patient who apart from taking his drugs, needs to see his doctors at very short notice. Ezimakor’s wife said the husband left home on Wednesday without medication and did not eat any food before leaving home. She lamented that her husband’s health must be in grave danger, especially as DSS operatives have denied him access to his prescribed drugs.
Read More »

AIT Sacks “300 Staff” Nationwide

AIT Sacks ?300 Staff? Nationwide



The management of the African Independent Television, AIT, has sacked at least 300 of its staff.

According to reports, the sack took place today and its believed to have been directed by its owner Raymond Dokpesi who allegedly signed the letters for the disengaged staff.  

The exercise was said to have been done to allow a repositioning of the media organisation.  AIT, which is part of the DAARS Communications Limited, owes backlog of staff salaries which some put at between five to 13 months.

This comes barely 24-hours after The Sun newspapers purged several of its staff, including senior editorial members.
Read More »

See this Twitter user's apt reply to someone that told him ''go and marry, your mates are all married''

See  this Twitter user

Well said!
Read More »

Zimbabwe's health minister says Chinese condoms are too small for Zimbabwean men

 Zimbabwe



Zimbabwe's health minister David Parirenyatwa has called on local businessmen to set up condom production in the country because the ones imported from China are too small.
He said this at the recent launch of a new board for the Zimbabwe Private Sector HIV and Aids Wellness Coordinating Programme (ZPSHAWP) in Harare. 
“You know this region, the Southern African region, has the highest incidence of HIV and we are promoting the use of condoms; both males and females.
“The youths now have a particular condom that they like but we don’t manufacture them. We import condoms from China and some men complain that they are too small.
“We need to look at that; you need to able to have your own condoms. So, if you want to be a big businessman, then manufacture them (condoms) for the region.” he said
Zimbabwe has the sixth highest HIV prevalence in sub-Saharan Africa at 13.5%, with 1.3 million people living with the virus in 2016.
Read More »

House of Reps unanimously pass vote of no confidence on two Ministers; Dr. Kayode Fayemi & Mr. Abubakar Bawa-Bwari.

House of?Reps unanimously pass vote of no confidence on two Ministers; Dr. Kayode Fayemi & Mr. Abubakar Bawa-Bwari.





The House of Representatives has unanimously passed a vote of no confidence in the Minister of Solid Minerals Development, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, and the Minister of State, Mr. Abubakar Bawa-Bwari.

Both ministers shunned a sectoral debate on the steel sector scheduled today to find solutions to the troubled Ajaokuta Steel Plant. The motion on no confidence vote was moved by the Leader of the House, Femi Gbajabiamila.
Read More »

Singer, Chidinma looking so fierce in new photos

Chidinma stuns in?fiercely beautiful new photos



Singer, Chidinma looking so fierce in new photos by Kelechi Amadi-Obi.
Chidinma stuns in?fiercely beautiful new photos
Chidinma stuns in?fiercely beautiful new photos
Read More »

Female twitter user wonders how marriage pays women, says being married in Nigeria is very inconveniencing

Female twitter user wonders how marriage pays women, says being married in Nigeria is very inconveniencing

Female twitter user wonders how marriage pays women, says being married in Nigeria is very inconveniencing
Female twitter user wonders how marriage pays women, says being married in Nigeria is very inconveniencing
Read More »

Two LAPD officers sentenced to 25 years for sexually assaulting women while on duty

Two LAPD officers sentenced to 25 years for sexually assaulting women while on duty




wo veteran Los Angeles police officers have each been sentenced to 25 years in prison for sexually assaulting women while on duty. 
James Nichols, 46, and Luis Valenzuela, 45, pleaded no contest to charges of raping and sexually assaulting four women between 2008 and 2011.

On Monday, as they were set to stand trial on charges of rape and forced oral copulation, both men, who were partners on the force, accepted plea deals and a 25-year prison term to avoid trial and the possibility of life behind bars.

The Los Angeles County district attorney's office says the victims assaulted by the officers ranged from 19 to 34 years old and all were involved in drug-related investigations. At least one of the victims acted as an informant for the police. The women accused the officers of pressuring them to perform sex acts to avoid going to jail, saying they were attacked in alleys, apartments and the officers' patrol car.

One victim said that she was sexually assaulted on four separate twice by Nichols, once by Valenzuela and once by both of the officers, all taking place over a period of about 18 months. Another woman accused Valenzuela of assaulted her with a gun. 

Two LAPD officers sentenced to 25 years for sexually assaulting women while on duty

Since being arrested in February 2016, both Nichols and Valenzuela have remained in jail. The two were placed on unpaid leave from the LAPD in 2013 and had been relieved of duty. The plea deal they accepted reportedly paves the way for their formal termination.
Last year, the Los Angeles City Council agreed to pay nearly $2 million to settle lawsuits brought by the women.
Read More »

Clink Banner