Pages

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Court sends alleged husband killer, Maryam Sanda back to prison, denies her bail

Court sends alleged husband killer, Maryam Sanda back to prison, denies her bail
Justice Yusuf Halilu of the Federal High Court, Abuja has denied Maryam Sanda, the woman who allegedly killed her husband, Bilyaminu Bello, bail. Maryam, her mum Maimuna Sanda, her brother and one other person, were arraigned before the court today.
Delivering judgment on her bail application, Justice Halilu said Maryam's counsel, Joseph Daudu, did not provide cogent reasons for him to grant her bail. The presiding judge said that Daudu had attached a medical report and requested for bail based on the health status of Mrs Sanda but that he did not prove to the court that the sickness cannot be treated in a detention facility.
Justice Halilu held that the fact that she is a nursing mother is not a general principle for granting bail, hence her denial of it.
He, however, granted bail to her mother, brother and the third defendant on the condition that they must provide two sureties each, who must reside within the city center of Abuja. He also ordered them to submit their travel documents to the court, while the sureties must deposit proof of their landed properties in Abuja.
He adjourned the case to February 5th, 6th and 7th 2018.
Maryamand her baby were later driven off to Suleja prison.
Read More »

"I have seen things in this White House that have made me uncomfortable": Omarosa finally speaks out about White House exit (video)


"I have seen things in this White House that have made me uncomfortable": Omarosa finally speaks out about White House exit (video)
Omarosa Manigault Newman has finally reacted to her exit from the WHite House. The assistant to the president and director of communications for the Office of Public Liaison denied reports that she was fired and escorted from the White House this week.
She made this known during an interview on Good Morning America. Newman told GMA host Michael Strahan that she sat down with President Trump's Chief of Staff John Kelly and resigned from her position. She also said she was never escorted out of the White House and the claims was made by someone who had a personal vendetta against her and wanted to bring her down.
"We had a very candid conversation," she said. "I wanted to make the one-year mark … and then get back to my life."
She admitted that the Secret Service has deactivated her pass, thereby restricting her access to the White House but said it's the normal process followed once a person resigns.

"I have seen things in this White House that have made me uncomfortable": Omarosa finally speaks out about White House exit (video)
She also said she experienced a lot in the White House and will tell her story someday.
She said: "There were a lot of things I observed during the last year that I was very unhappy with, that I was very uncomfortable with. I can't expand upon it because I have to still go back and work with these individuals but when I have a chance to tell my story, Michael, quite a story to tell.
"As the only African American woman in this White House, as a senior staff and assistant to the president, I have seen things that have made me uncomfortable, that have upset me, that have affected me deeply and emotionally, that has affected my community and my people and when I can tell my story, it is a profound story that I know the world will want to hear."
"I have seen things in this White House that have made me uncomfortable": Omarosa finally speaks out about White House exit (video)

Watch the video below.

Read More »

Suspect in R. Kelly burglary case turns himself to police (Photos)

Suspect in R. Kelly burglary case turns himself to police (Photos)
The man accused of emptying R. Kelly’s homes while the singer was on tour and selling all the belongings to the highest bidder has turned himself in.
According to Johns Creek Police Department, Alfonso Walker turned himself in Monday on charges stemming from Kelly's burglaries over Thanksgiving weekend. 
Suspect in R. Kelly burglary case turns himself to police (Photos)
He was booked on 2 counts of burglary, 2 counts of theft by taking and 2 counts of theft by deception. 
Suspect in R. Kelly burglary case turns himself to police (Photos)
Walker who is accused of clearing out Kelly’s two metro Atlanta homes, told police that the singer owed him money and this was his way of getting it back.
Suspect in R. Kelly burglary case turns himself to police (Photos)
Neighbors of the home in Johns Creek told Channel 2’s Mike Petchenik said they just assumed the homeowner was moving because several trucks had been at the home for about a week.

Read More »

Kevin Hart's son looks so adorable in first photoshoot

Kevin Hart
Actor/comedian, Kevin Hart recently welcomed his son Kenzo with his wife, Eniko. He shared this adorable photo of him from his first photoshoot on his IG page and captioned it; "Stunting like his daddy already...Baby Kenzo killed is first photoshoot ???? #Harts P.S that’s my bed"
Kevin Hart
Read More »

Nigerians react to our 'Oyinbo Wives of Lagos' TV reality show...they can't wait to watch! Yay!

Nigerians react to our
Yes @Sunehrilasgidi, we are disrupting in 2018. We teased Nigerians with a promotional photo of Linda Ikeji TV's new reality televison show 'Oyinbo Wives of Lagos' and Nigerians are super excited. We've been seeing a lot of twitter users discuss the show and one thing is for sure... The Nigerian TV space is about to change!

Nigerians react to our
Oyinbo Wives of Lagos features 6 Nigerian women who are married to white men who live in Lagos. The drama, fights, friendship, laughter (yimu at the last two...lol) and more drama is something like you've never seen before. It will be shown on our DSTV channel and online TV network.
For sponsorship enquiries please call 08118879335.

See more tweets below....
Nigerians react to our
Nigerians react to our ,
Nigerians react to our
Nigerians react to our
Nigerians react to our
Nigerians react to our


Nigerians react to our
Read More »

#MTVBaseHottestNaijaTracks: N6 shades Chocolate City again!

#MTVBaseHottestNaijaTracks: N6 shades Chocolate City again!
Its no secret that OAP, N6 and the entire Chocolate City record label have been at loggerheads for the past 3-months courtesy of MI Abaga's track 'You rappers should fix up your lives'.

N6 in his recent appearance on MTV Base's Roundtable discussing the 'Hottest naija Tracks ' of 2017 mentioned that no one from the Chocolate Music Group made the list of hottest song for 2017.  
 
 
So far, it is one of the most intense discussions presently going on with the final episode airing tomorrow to reveal who makes the top ten and of course unveil the number one song of the year in Naija.
 
 
Watch the video below...
Read More »

Erykah Badu disrupts Instagram with photo of her bushy armpits

Erykah Badu disrupts Instagram with photo of her bushy armpits
If there's one word that perfectly described singer Erykah Badu, it would be "eccentric". The legend has never been one to conform to societal standards and she's not about to start now.
She shared a daring photo of her bushy armpits on Instagram and this has started a debate on the social network. There's been a lot of back and forth and she's giving her critics a run for their money. 
She captioned the controversial photo: "Today's meditation: Use the Funk, Star Children ......(((Just one regular degular Thursday somewhere in the Wombniverse)))
#carpetmatchesthedrapes"
See the photo below.

Erykah Badu disrupts Instagram with photo of her bushy armpits
Read More »

Differently-abled Nigerian blogger recalls how she initially curved her husband when he asked her out before her accident

Differently-abled Nigerian blogger recalls how she initially curved her husband when he asked her out before her accident
Nigerian blogger, Lizzy, who became confined to a  wheel chair following an accident in 2008 has told of how her now husband asked her out a few weeks before the accident but she "curved" him.

Differently-abled Nigerian blogger recalls how she initially curved her husband when he asked her out before her accident
He asked her out again in 2009 and this time she agreed.  She went on to add that her acceptance was not because she felt she did not have a choice.
Read her story below and be inspired.
Differently-abled Nigerian blogger recalls how she initially curved her husband when he asked her out before her accident

Read More »

Four children dead and several people injured as train collides with a school bus in France

Four?children dead and several people injured as train collides with a school bus in?France
At least four children have died and several others were seriously injured when their school coach was 'cut in half' after colliding with a train in the south of France today.  

The horrific accident happened close to the town of Perpignan when the vehicle 'was caught between barriers' shortly after 4pm.   A TER commuter train travelling at around 50mph ploughed into the bus, causing carnage among the party from a high school in nearby Millas.   
A witness who was on the train, named as Barbara, said "it was a very violent crash - it seemed as if the train would derail". Casualties are being rushed to hospital in Perpignan. Police and emergency medics are at the scene.

Transport Minister Elisabeth Borne called the crash a "terrible accident" and said on Twitter that she was going to the scene, about 850km (530 miles) south of Paris.
Read More »

Photos: President Buhari returns to Nigeria after participating at the One Planet Summit in Paris

Photos:?President Buhari returns to Nigeria after participating at the One Planet Summit in Paris 
President Buhari has returned to Abuja, Nigeria after participating in the One Planet Summit in Paris, France where he joined other world leaders to discuss climate change.
Photos:?President Buhari returns to Nigeria after participating at the One Planet Summit in Paris

Read More »

Bobrisky apologizes to Mc Galaxy, says he was not involved in the reason why his gateman, Jacob left his house. See his apology!

Bobrisky apologizes to Mc Galaxy, says he was not involved in the reason why his gateman, Jacob left his house. See his apology!
After a week of fighting between Bobrisky and singer, Mc Galaxy, Bobrisky has come on social media to apologize to Mc Galaxy stating that he was not involved in the reason why his gateman, Jacob left his home.
According to him, it was a 'misrepresentation' and that they have gotten back together.
Just yesterday, Bobrisky went on Snapchat to insult Mc Galaxy for not showing up at the police station after writing a petition against him. See his apology below 
Bobrisky apologizes to Mc Galaxy, says he was not involved in the reason why his gateman, Jacob left his house. See his apology!

Read More »

John Dumelo needs advice for his friend who's dating two ladies flying to Ghana for the holidays to see him

John Dumelo needs advice for his friend?who
What should he do?
Read More »

Court stops sack of over 20,000 teachers that failed the competency test in Kaduna



Court stops sack of over 20,000 teachers that failed the competency test in Kaduna
The Kaduna Division of the National Industrial Court today issued an order stopping the state government from going further with the plan to sack 21,780 primary school teachers that failed a competency test organised by the state government.

Recall that in June, the state government organized a competency test for primary school teachers in the state. Sadly, over 21, 000 of the teachers failed the primary 4 set of questions given to them. Some of the scripts released by the state government showed that many of the teachers supplied ridiculous answers to basic questions they were asked. About two-thirds of the teachers that sat for the competency test, failed to score up to 75 percent. The state government afterward announced it will be terminating the appointment of the incompetent teachers.
This decision caused the state union of teachers to on October 30th through their counsel, Samuel Atum, file a lawsuit against the state government over the planned mass sack. 
At the hearing today which was attended by hundreds of teachers and labour leaders, the lawyer, Mr. Atum, praised the court for “graciously” giving the order for the state government not to proceed with the mass sack.
“This is democracy and the premise of democracy is the rule of law, so we expect nothing more than absolute submission by the state government to comply with the order of the court. I have confidence that the government will comply or obey this order.” he said
Legal counsels to the state’s Attorney General and the State Government, as well as Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN) declined comments when approached by journalists.
The teachers who spoke to newsmen after the court order, said they were very happy over the court's order against the state government
“It has given us hope. We hope too that the governor will obey the court order,” Zainab Sanusi, a teacher, said.
The case has been adjourned to February 6th 2018 for hearing.
Read More »

Usain Bolt enjoys boat trip with his stunning girlfriend Kasi Bennett as they vacation in Thailand (Photos)

Usain Bolt enjoys boat trip with his stunning girlfriend Kasi Bennett as they vacation in Thailand (Photos)
Olympic champion and former sprinter, Usain Bolt, who has been enjoying his retirement, is currently on vacation in Thailand with his stunning model girlfriend, Kasi Bennett.
Usain Bolt enjoys boat trip with his stunning girlfriend Kasi Bennett as they vacation in Thailand (Photos)The pair have been updating fans with their romantic gateway by sharing photos of them chilling and enjoying boat ride together on a Thailand beach.
See more photos below..
Usain Bolt enjoys boat trip with his stunning girlfriend Kasi Bennett as they vacation in Thailand (Photos)Usain Bolt enjoys boat trip with his stunning girlfriend Kasi Bennett as they vacation in Thailand (Photos)

Read More »

50 Inmates of Ikoyi prison to write 2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination





50?Inmates of Ikoyi prison to write 2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination
Idris Ibikunle, the Principal of Ikoyi Prisons School says that at least 50 prison inmates will sit for the 2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, UTME.

He said the school has prepared the inmates well for the examination as officials of the facility have stepped up efforts in ensuring an excellent performance.

“Right now, we are preparing about 50 of the inmates for the next UTME and by what I see, they are very determined to excel. We are yet to enroll them for the examination proper; we want to give a little more room for others interested so we can do the enrolment once. I am optimistic that we will enroll more than 50 of the inmates for the examination,’’ Ibikunle said.

Earlier this year, 59 inmates were registered for the 2017 UTME out which 35 had their results released and are at various stages of admission placement to tertiary institutions.

The principal also said 40 inmates were being prepared for the newly introduced 2018 January/February diet of the West African Senior School Certificate Examination, WASSCE, for private candidates. According to him, prisons officials were committed to ensuring that the inmates had nothing to lose, academically, despite their incarceration.

The principal had, at the maiden edition of the facility’s Education Award ceremony recently in Lagos, said 20 of the inmates were running various courses in different disciplines at the National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN. He said they were posting impressive performances in their chosen fields, ranging from Criminology, Security and Peace Studies, Theology, Business Administration to Mass Communication

He, however, highlighted some constraints facing the school in the prison facility.

“We are in need of stationery as well as the establishment of a befitting Computer Based Test, CBT, centre for our external examinations. We, therefore, call for support from well-meaning Nigerians and organisations to join hands with us in ensuring that the dreams of these persons are kept alive,’’ he said.
Read More »

Twitter user campaigning for #ENDSARS , shares his interesting encounter with SARS officers in Lagos

Twitter user campaigning for #ENDSARS , shares his interesting encounter with SARS officers in Lagos
Continue to read his thread below
Twitter user campaigning for #ENDSARS , shares his interesting encounter with SARS officers in Lagos

Read More »

Reno Omokri trolls FG after sate governors approved withdrawal of $1 billion from Excess Crude Account to fight Boko Haram

Reno Omokri trolls FG after sate governors approved withdrawal of $1 billion from Excess Crude Account to fight Boko Haram
The 36 state governors today approved the withdrawal of $1 billion from the Excess Crude Account by the federal government to be used in the prosecution of the war against the terrorist group, Boko Haram, in the Northern part of the country.
Governor of Edo State, Godwin Obaseki announced this to state house correspondents after the National Economic Council meeting that held in the state house, Abuja. The meeting was chaired by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.
The Governor of Gombe State, who spoke earlier, said the Excess Crude Account had a balance of $2.317 billion as at December 13th 2017.
Well, Reno who is very critical of this administration, took to his twitter handle to troll the Federal government over this decision. See his tweet below
Reno Omokri trolls FG after sate governors approved withdrawal of $1 billion from Excess Crude Account to fight Boko Haram
Read More »

Clink Banner